Vances in Charleston

Vances in Charleston

Monday, January 24, 2011

Gloves and Quilt

South Carolina is beautiful and well, if I could find a job here, everything would be fabulous. I will keep trying and stay motified but in the meantime, it gives me the opportunity to try some new things. I recently went a took a knitting class to learn how to make fingerless gloves. I finally finished them after struggling a bit with the thumbs. So, here they are for you all to see. My first official finished knitted project. YAY!!!!
I did these with a number 5, 9" round needles and double ended needles for the thumbs. I have knitted before but have only actually made dishcloths so doing some lacework, round needles and double ended needles was all new to me. My mom found a pattern that she feels will be easier so I can't wait to get it so I can try it.
My mom is so extremely talented and I wanted to share with you a cute lap blanket that she made for me for Christmas. I use it almost every day and just had to share.



This quilt was machine quilted and tied in the middle of each square. Totally love it, thank momma!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment