Vances in Charleston

Vances in Charleston

Monday, February 7, 2011

Painted Sign

Howdy,
Had to share one of my latest creation. I found an old cupboard door at restore $5. Whoever had it before me had graciously sanded it already so I didn't have to do much in preparation, YAY! I put a coat of paint on it let it dry. Then printed letters from word and transferred them to the board with graphite paper. After transferring I hand painted with black.
Once the black was all filled in, I let it dry then took it outside for a good sanding, then wiped it down with stain, dried and sprayed with a satin finish. I then added hooks for hanging onto the back.
Here are a couple shots of the finished product.


I finally got it hung up but haven't taken a picture of that yet. After doing this one, I did another one for a friend of mine that just bought her first brand new home. On ours, I put the date we were married as the established date, on hers I put the date that she closed. I thought they turned out great and am excited to make more signs. They were inexpensive, quick and look very professionally done. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment