Vances in Charleston

Vances in Charleston

Friday, January 7, 2011

Catching up

Hello all,
Okay so I have totally neglected the blog. I will try to catch up on everything. The girls are now back in Utah and I am desperately trying to find a job. That is pretty much it. Over the holidays though we had quite a busy time. Here are some of the pics.




We made a quick stop at Graceland in Memphis on our way to SC. We didn't do the tour because we had Harley with us. My mom is totally in love with Elvis and by judging the pic above, so is Kylee. LOL

These are pics from our day in Charleston-


After our carriage ride, Katie had to pet the horse.

I decided that anyone who comes and visits us will get their picture taken in front of the fountain. I think I will start a scrapbook.

 Before you can go on the carriage ride we had to wait for a ping pong ball, like the lottery draw. It tells the carriage driver which tour they are allowed to take you on.
This is a picture of the ceiling of one of the houses in Charleston. They paint the ceiling's this blue color because it is believed the evil spirits will be kept away. It also apparently keeps birds and other things from making homes there because they think it is the sky.

I just love the architecture in Charleston. There is a school that is ran out of the old city jail. I would love to go learn all about how to restore historical homes but in the mean time, we decided to go on a haunted tour later that night.

The entrance to the jail

One of the jail cells. They kept a large number of people in the jail. I believe they said the jail was built to house 150 and at one time had over 600. The average life span once sentenced was two months.

They told us that there are headstones at this cemetary that are the oldest in the US. Freaky!

We were waiting outside the jail for our tour and Katie captured this spirit shooting through our picture. It was however later determined that it was Katie's hair. LOL.

A late night picture of another cemetary. I seriously can't believe we were walking around taking pictures.

Okay, there is more but I need to get to work on my resume so I will post more tomorrow. Scott has to work all weekend. I am just glad someone is working. I did go take a knitting class in Summerville. I love that town and will be posting pictures soon. I think that is where I would like us to settle eventually. I am just totally in love with the town. Anyway... more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment